Welcome to Mar de Cortes International Airport
The Mar de Cortes International Airport is the new, international airport in the La Jolla del Mar region near Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point). The Mexican Federal Government issued Grupo Vidanta rights to operate Mar de Cortes International, which date back to 1973.
Several articles have appeared on the Internet that describe the relationship of the Mar de Cortes International Airport and its relationship with Grupo Vidanta (formerly Vedanta Capital Group and before that Grupo Mayan).
Many residents of and visitors to Puerto Penasco are excited about the prospect of increased tourism by visitors from cities in the US and Mexico (Los Angeles, Phoenix, Tucson, Guadalajara and other cities in the US and Mexico) who would use the airport as their port of entry to the area.
Listed below are several of the articles that discuss the airport and the area.
Very interesting, indeed!
- January 8, 2011 - Photos of the Mar de Crotes (Rocky Point) International Airport
- February 20, 2010 -Airlines interested in Rocky Point - This article discloses airlines that are reportedly interested in using the Mar de Cortes International Airport.
- November 7, 2009 - The Mar de Cortes International Airport in Rocky Point, Puerto Penasco - as posted on Puerto-Penasco.com.
- November 6, 2009 - Retirement is Now More Attractive Than Ever: Puerto Penasco, Mexico Has Now A World Class International Airport, Mar de Cortes International Airport. Properties to Gain Value - Hear the entire speech given by President Filipe Calderon as he officially inaugurated the Mar de Cortes International Airport.
- October 28, 2009 - Arizona Daily Star, Tucson, AZ reports commercial air service could begin in January.
- June 6, 2009 - Mar de Cortes - Wikipedia Article - An article about the Frontier Governors meeting that took place at the airport and in Puerto Penasco in March 2008.
- March 27, 2008 - New Airport Inaugurated in Record Time - VisitRockyPoint.com reports the Mar de Cortes International Airport is the most important tourist attraction in the area.