January 27, 2017
We learned from The Mexico Report that the AAA has named its list of Five Diamond Hotels and Restaurants for 2017. There are four hotels in Riviera Nayarit that are on the list. These include:
- The Grand Luxxe Nayarit (2014)
- Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit (2007)
- Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Mexico (2001)
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort (2009)
That said, there are issues we would like management to reconcile. These include:
- Return the ability for guests to leave the property and return by foot. There are ways to do this surreptitiously. But that is not what we all want to do. A shuttle to the old entrance and a short walk over Blvd. Nayarit on the cart bridge could resolve this issue.
- Open the northbound access road to Highway 200. Although there appears to be a cloverleaf in place, there is word that a turn-around across the bridge and near the Starbucks Coffee shop is the project underway that will enable travelers from the Vidanta property to head north.
- Resolve the reservation system.
- Improve shuttle service around the property.
- Noise on the property is intrusive and should be reduced out of respect to guests on the property.
- Although concierges are friendly and accommodating, they are not well equipped to provide reliable services to guests who expect Five Star levels of service.