October 27, 2014
The new season is upon us. October is the prelude and November 1 is the official "Opening Day" in all the resorts throughout Grupo Vidanta. Fresh paint is everywhere, new structures are either complete or soon to be completed. Employees of Grupo Vidanta are fresh and eager to help.
Here are some general comments we have heard to date:
- Acapulco: New construction near the Grand Mayan has been ever present throughout the summer. Projects are close to the Grand Mayan. Maybe the tower will open this year after lying dormant since before 2008.
- Nuevo Vallarta:
- New building near the Pro Shop - conference center, Cantina and sports bar, who knows? Maybe we will later in November.
- Pro Shop moving to the area near Tower 5?
- Tower 5 A to open in November? Tower 5 B to open in March or April?
- Building 4 B opening and full of people.
- SPA Tower pools to open soon.
- FreshCo restaurant to open at the SPA Pool area.
- Ballroom and conference center area in La Plaza building under construction.....again.
- New accommodations in the Mayan Palace building?
- Puerto Penasco: Glass going into the buildings now, again after years of dormancy. Will these buildings be finished by May?
- Riviera Maya:
- The opening of Cirque du Soleil in November.
- A newly constructed beach is waiting for swimmers.
- The Luxxe concierge building - will it open in November?
- Grand Bliss construction - continuing?
- More elevated walkways throughout the property - open now?
- San Jose del Cabo: Hurricane Odile damage has delayed reopening the Grand Mayan. The official word is reservations are not available until the end of January, 2015. Chances are East Cape development is delayed too.
The Grand Luxxe Residence Club facilities in Nuevo Vallarta have earned a Five Diamond rating from the American Automobile Association, and it is the first member organization to ever receive this honor.
All this activity is setting the stage for another interesting year. We are looking forward to it....how about you?