Just returned from our stay at the Grand Luxxe Villa in Riviera Maya. We had a great time - would definitely come back again.|
What we loved:
- Employees - they made us feel special. I felt like a millionaire on the first day at the pool when an employee asked if he could clean my sunglasses.
- Gorgeous rooms - there was plenty of space for our four children and my husband and me.
- Warm and welcoming feeling when we checked in. Much improved over our experiences at other timeshare resorts and hotels.
- Pools - they were well maintained and beautiful. Employees were cleaning grout with small, special tools at off-times.
- Pathways and future elevated walkways - walked all over until we were familiar with the property. Then took the shuttles - not crowded at all at this time (mid June).
What we read in other reviews:
- Construction noise - it was there but not loud or objectionable. Never felt the noise over powered our experience.
- Views - not many units could see the ocean. This is a limitation of the buildings, being only three stories tall. Did not bother us because we are bird watchers and loved seeing the many birds flying in and out. Our third floor vantage was great!
- Beach - under reconstruction. We read we could not walk into the ocean without shoes. Also read about the reconstruction taking place. It did not inconvenience us; in fact it was interesting to see the process taking place.
What we did not care for:
- Water - why nit pick for the price of a bottle of water in the room? Seems a luxurious resort should be able to allow a room to have one bottle of water per day, complements of the house.
- Coffee in the room - same comment as the water. Why not offer one cup per day, complements of the house.
Bottom line - we loved our vacation and will return.