Mansions of the World - Buenos Aires: Undate
December 27, 2012The Mansions of the World project in Buenos Aires, Argentina is an enigma. The project has been discussed both at the different Vidanta resorts during members updates and on different websites during the past four years. At one time, there were alleged incentives offered to Grand Luxxe Residence Club members that linked use of Mansions of the World space with weeks owned in the Grand Luxxe Residence Club.
Here is a listing of some of the comments we have compiled since 2010:
- November 10, 2012 - Mansions of the World - Update
- July 5, 2012 - New Images of Mansions of the World Alleged Construction Site
- May 27, 2012 - Mansions of the World - In The News Again
- May 21, 2011 - Sexenio Article - Mansions of the World
- October 6, 2010 - Larazon.com Article - Investments Exceeding $300 Million
- April 26, 2010 - Caribbean News Press Release - Mansions of the World
- April 24, 2010 - Buenos Aires - Mansions of the World
Well, here is our latest finding: Our contact knows what he is talking about. Construction on the site has stopped.
(Source of the above photo is http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?s=db17f1db1f2051c5abf60dc4c592314a&t=1116795&page=20.)
In July, work bagan. In August, we heard there were over one hundred workers on the property. Now, on December 23, we see there is no work being performed on the site. The contractor has taken all the heavy equipment away. What remains is just a large open hole that is about 8 feet deep that extends the length and width of the property.
Keep in mind it is summer there now.
Also, there are many financial reasons to delay spending money on non-essential projects. Inflation is soaring, the Argentinian government is trying to control the value of the peso, trade in US dollars is prohibited, converting Argentinian pesos into other currencies especially US Dollars is prohibited, and the economies of most world countries are faltering. Bottom line: There is a lot of uncertainty.
Could these be the reasons for the reversal? We do not know. What we do know is the only constant in the world of Vidanta is change.