Fake PROFECO Procuraduria Investigation
February 19, 2017A call from an apparent Mexican Government official supposedly within PROFECO offers the listener a chance to participate in an investigation into Grupo Vidanta. Just fill out the form, which by the way contains personal and confidential information and send it in to someone who claims to be a ligitiamte looking person.
Of course, we looked into the tracks left by the caller. Here is what we found:
- The email addresses are at the following domains:
- PROCURADURIAGOB.COM - Expiration Date: 2017-04-28
- PROFECOGOB.COM - Expiration Date: 2017-05-17
- Telephone numbers don't match with the "Official Documents".
- Any personal information would be lost in cyberspace, since there is no way to trace the information when sent by email.
- The final test would be to send by FED Express or USPS a parcel with a return receipt requested. Chances are the parcel you send would not be delivered because the party at the address does not exist.