Alpple.com Impersonates Apple.com
July 18, 2017Here is a new one! You receive a notice that seems to come from Apple.com. It says all the right things to make you believe it's real. It even looks real!
But, as a concientious web surfer, you look closely at the sender's email address. A quick look suggests you are in fact getting an email from Apple.com. Then you take a closer look and find that the email sender's email address is not apple.com but ALPPLE.com. What....is that a mistake? Google alpple.com and you arrive at the real Apple.com website. The only thing that can get you is replying to the email with all your sensitive and confidential information.
So, here is the skinny:
- The questionnaire asks for your SOCIAL SECUITY number!! Apple would NEVER ask for that information!
- The questionnaire asks for all the other information that could be used to impersonate you.
Here is the domain information for alpple.com:
- Domain Name: ALPPLE.COM
- Registry Domain ID: 1831964009_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
- Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.dynadot.com
- Registrar URL: http://www.dynadot.com
- Updated Date: 2016-09-20T19:20:42.0Z
- Creation Date: 2013-10-21T18:43:54.0Z
- Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-10-21T18:43:54.0Z
We did not copy the questionnaire because we were so flabbergasted by the perfect way they stole Apple.com's identity.