Member Reviews - Likes And Offers....Subscribing Member TestimonialsWhat a great way to communicate with each other and Grupo Vidanta.
Members offering what they like and what they would like to see help parent organizations make decisions that are relevant and meaningful. Such exchanges often lead to improved experiences, interactions and surroundings.
We individuals can best be heard when others having the same ideas voice their opinions too. A community voice adds a bit of weight to the community's ideas.
Capture our fleeting thoughts. The time to strike is when the proverbial light bulb clicks on. The trick is getting the suggestion into the system while it is fresh in our minds. Wait too long, and click, the bulb is dark and we move on.
So, now that we have started this not so new idea, let's see if anything comes of it. The idea is to let individuals be heard.....if they want to be heard. Please note: Participation is limited to Subscribing Members. You can Subscribe Here if you have not already done so.
Read what Aimfair Subscribers have to say!
Love the property and size. Some may feel it is too big, but not for our family. Foliage is well maintained and the buildings seem to be cared for too.|
What needs work is the ability to leave the property on foot. There are a number of restaurants located within walking distance, and we don't care for the appearance that management is trying to keep guests from walking to them.
The other issue is the cost of the taxi. The across the board increase of about $50 MXP (about $2.50 USD) is absurd! It amounts to an additional tax on guests leaving the property. Again, it appears management is gouging to get a return of the cost to build the new access road.
That said, the property and facilities are all that we wanted when we first purchased here. It is truly a place that we look forward to our return visits!
The changes are amazing! Our guests were overwhelmed because they have never seen such scale.....that is the word one of our guests kept using. Scale, its a credit to the organization that it has been able to increase the number of buildings and yet maintain the beauty of the property.|
Those areas that have been improved:
We will be back in spite of the suggestions mentioned above.
Just returned from our stay at the Grand Luxxe Villa in Riviera Maya. We had a great time - would definitely come back again.|
What we loved:
- Employees - they made us feel special. I felt like a millionaire on the first day at the pool when an employee asked if he could clean my sunglasses.
- Gorgeous rooms - there was plenty of space for our four children and my husband and me.
- Warm and welcoming feeling when we checked in. Much improved over our experiences at other timeshare resorts and hotels.
- Pools - they were well maintained and beautiful. Employees were cleaning grout with small, special tools at off-times.
- Pathways and future elevated walkways - walked all over until we were familiar with the property. Then took the shuttles - not crowded at all at this time (mid June).
What we read in other reviews:
- Construction noise - it was there but not loud or objectionable. Never felt the noise over powered our experience.
- Views - not many units could see the ocean. This is a limitation of the buildings, being only three stories tall. Did not bother us because we are bird watchers and loved seeing the many birds flying in and out. Our third floor vantage was great!
- Beach - under reconstruction. We read we could not walk into the ocean without shoes. Also read about the reconstruction taking place. It did not inconvenience us; in fact it was interesting to see the process taking place.
What we did not care for:
- Water - why nit pick for the price of a bottle of water in the room? Seems a luxurious resort should be able to allow a room to have one bottle of water per day, complements of the house.
- Coffee in the room - same comment as the water. Why not offer one cup per day, complements of the house.
Bottom line - we loved our vacation and will return.
Three things are coming to mind:|
We are also looking forward to paddling throughout the waterways when they are completed.
Our view of the Grand Luxxe:|
- It is not like any other timeshare because of the size of the units and decks. Great!
- It is spacious. High ceilings and wide open doorways to the decks make the units seem even larger.
- We like the large showers.
- We like the dipping pools on the decks.
- We like the views of both the ocean, the mountains and the city, here in Nuevo Vallarta.
- The personnel are helpful and have great attitudes. Yes, we are guests, and yes employees are supposed to treat guests with respect. But, personnel in the Grand Luxxe seem to be passionate about going out of their way to please.
- The uniforms are always well pressed and crisp.
What we don't like.....having to go home!
I really love the new wooden walk ways. They take you off the hot road ways,and lift you high above to see the whole property from a different angle. I love the way the resort is really starting to look polynesian.I really like the new Sanitorio, it is a great gathering place and the nightly entertainment is really top notch. I am very happy to see our money is being spent on making this resort a wonderful place for ourselves and many generations after us.I love the wonderful people that work here and they seem so happy to serve us. It is like a big family and they welcome us back every year.I am so grateful and amazed at the landscapers who work so hard to make every area a place of beauty, looking like it has always been there.It has been hard to visualize the end product for a few years but the resort is coming together beautifully.|
We like the roomy feel to the units. There is nothing better than getting up in the morning and walking to the deck across a spacious living and dining room. The "feeling" is so much more satisfying than walking across a smaller format room that would characterize the normal timeshare room.|
The other thing we like is the "cubes". Cubic space also provides a feeling of openness. It brings to mind a freedom that does not exist in a smaller format or typical timeshare unit.
Coffee delivered in the am...
the great staff...
pretty much everything...
Oh, the decks! Lo-o-o-ve the big decks. And I second what Gary said about using the Villa lockoff: it's so nice to have a separate living room.|
Love the staff: they always are pleasant and try so hard to please us.
Love that there's something different to see onsite every time we go (new landscaping, new buildings, new restaurants, etc).
Love meeting up with other owners onsite.
Love the Tramonto restaurant for a special dinner.
Love the meal coupon book.
Love the spa at GM.
Love not having to check towels in and out at the pool.
Love having a cocktail, listening to the piano, in the GL1 Lobby bar.
Linda in Seattle
There are 3 meal plans at Nuevo as of Feb 2011. Buy them at the front desk or the concierge. Present the coupon to the waiter before you order. They are valid at any of the onsite restaurants, including the PV Marina property.|
No tip. You are given two checks: one showing you used coupons and one shows beverage charges,etc.
CHACMOL plan: $1,173 pesos. 6 breakfast coupons.
BALAM plan: $3.075 pesos. 6 breakfast coupons plus 6 lunch/dinner coupons.
REY MAYA plan: $4,998 pesos. 6 breakfast coupons plus 12 lunch/dinner coupons.
Excludes sodas, cocktails, beers.
Coupons are for a 3 course meal chosen from the regular menu: appetizer, main course and dessert. A few items like lobster or rack of lamb require 2 (or more) coupons, but they are the exception.
Whether they are a deal depends on how you usually dine. Taking an average of the main restaurant prices we came up with a 3 course dinner costing $500-$550 pesos per person if ordered from the menu. But if you don't usually order 3 courses and you're happy with 1 or maybe 2 courses then the meal plan may not make sense for you.
Having said that, you can use 1 dinner coupon per person to go to the Monday night Beach Party and/or the Mexican Fiesta night. That's a GREAT deal.
We mostly cook in the room so when we go out to eat it's special and we usually get the 3 courses. The meal plan works for us. If we ate out all the time I don't think I could eat 3 courses every night. They do let you take the leftovers including wine.
Linda in Seattle