Welcome To Our View Of Grupo Vidanta
An email from Grupo Vidanta arrived today, and we thought it would be interesting for everyone to see. It provides wonderful views of the Grand Luxxe Residence Club properties, even though the video comentator mentions the sites for all other resorts. Enjoy:
About Vidanta:As Grupo Vidanta's vacation destination brand, Vidanta boasts an impressive portfolio of membership-based vacation destinations and mega-resort hotels along the most coveted beaches in Mexicoincluding Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Maya, Los Cabos, Acapulco, Puerto Peñasco, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlán. At the Vidanta destinations, guests can stay in luxury resort hotels that include Grande Luxxe, The Grand Bliss, The Grand Mayan, The Bliss, Mayan Palace, Ocean Breeze and Sea Garden, with more under development. Innovative partnerships include collaborations with the creative visionaries at Cirque du Soleil to create JOYÀ – a permanent theatrical and culinary experience in Riviera Maya, and a first-of-its-kind immersive theme park experience in Nuevo Vallarta, currently under development. Vidanta has also partnered with global hospitality company Hakkasan Group on an exclusive, long-term agreement to debut new concept beach clubs, nightlife venues, restaurants and more. The first phase will welcome two restaurants and a beach club in Los Cabos, set to open by the end of 2017.
About Cirque du Soleil:JOYÀ is Cirque du Soleil's 36th production since 1984. Cirque du Soleil is primarily a creative content provider for a wide variety of unique projects. In addition to shows, the company, which has its International Headquarters in Montreal, extends its creative talent to other spheres of activity. While maintaining stringent standards of artistic quality and originality, Cirque du Soleil brings to innovative projects the same energy and spirit that characterize each of its shows. Cirque du Soleil is a Quebec-based organization providing high-quality artistic entertainment. Since its beginnings in 1984, close to 150 million spectators in over 300 cities on six continents have been thrilled by Cirque du Soleil. For more information about Cirque du Soleil, visit www.cirquedusoleil.com. To find out more about the ONE DROP Foundation, visit www.onedrop.org.
Date: February 14, 2017 Source: PRNewswire: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vidanta-riviera-mayas-joya----mexicos-only-cirque-du-soleil-show----debuts-an-immersive-proposal-experience-to-coincide-with-valentines-day-300406109.html
Please Note: Information posted on this page is a compilation of links and copied pages that we found on the Internet or that have been sent to us in an effort to learn more about the Grupo Mayan organization. As change is constant, the information presented here may no longer be as described or shown. We cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information, only that we found it.
Table of contents:
Grupo VidantaWe started our search after we received word from a viewer in October 2008 that Wikipedia contained a post stating that Vedanta Capital Group, which was a new name to us, owned the Grupo Mayan brands of resorts.
The name change made us curious, since we purchased in December 2007 a right to use (timeshare) contract at the Grand Luxxe Residence Club from the Grupo Mayan organization. The Grand Luxxe Residence Club at the time was nothing more than a concept. No ground broken, only a sheet of paper from a copy machine.
So, we set out to learn more. You know the drill...reverse due diligence.
What We Found:
- Grupo Mayan was changing organizationally. Its name changed from Grupo Mayan to Vedanta Capital Group in 2007 to Vidanta Capital and then to Grupo Vidanta in 2008.
- A company called Vedanta Capital was formed in New York in 2006. The Vedanta partners had worked together for a number of years managing private equity investments for institutions. (TheFunded.com)
- The firm's stated expertise included helping to forge strategic partnerships in Europe and Asia. (TheFunded.com)
- May 19, 2006, PRNewswire.com published a news release stating three former Invesco Private Capital executives launched Vedanta Capital, a diversified venture capital concern.
- Vedanta Capital is a venture capital firm with a $600 million fund for making investments in companies reviewed and supported by the partners in Vedanta Capital.(Various sources in 2009 and 2010)
- Vedanta Capital has shared ownership with New Silk Route Growth Capital and Vedanta Cpaital, as seen in Google.
- In October 2008, we learn from a viewer that an article in Wikipedia stated Vedanta Capital Group, founded in 2007, is a Mexican-based private firm investing in Latin American luxury resorts, real estate, urban developments, golf courses, and spas. The article went on to say Vedanta is comprised of nine top-tier brands, Grupo Mayan, Grand Luxxe, The Grand Bliss, The Bliss, Mansions of the World, Nayar Beach Jungle and River Town, Albatross Golf Courses, La Jolla de Cortes, and the Mar de Cortes International Airport.
- In 2008, Vedanta Capital Group changes its name to Vidanta Capital Group and Grupo Vidanta becomes the official name of the company.
- Grupo Vidanta seems to share its operating responsibilities with Mayan Resorts. These entities operate 24 Resorts, including one hotel that currently are either open for business or temporarily closed for renovation.
- On February 16, 2009, Grupo Mayan personnel provide the history of Grupo Mayan in a Blog Post on Grupo Mayan Resorts Blog. Interesting for sure. On the surface, it appears Mayan Resorts now operates the Grand Mayan, Mayan Palace, Sea Garden, Ocean Breeze Hotels and Mayan Island real estate. Grupo Vidanta may operate the Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss and the Bliss. Speculation on our part....only speculation.
"Today, the Mayan Resorts portfolio of hotel brands includes The Grand Mayan, Mayan Palace and Sea Garden. The Grupo Mayan real estate division, Mayan Island, has constructed and sold over 2,000 condos and villas in Mexico's top beach destinations."
This quote is taken from the last paragraph of the blog post, which is a "Grupo Mayan Resorts" Blog on the "Grupo Mayan Details and History" page of their website.
Seems strange a blog that excludes all the changes that are going on would be posted after the fact. Very interesting, indeed! But as Mary Ann says, "who cares?"
- Grupo Vidanta's construction division has a number of new construction projects, where ground is broken and plans are firm, on fiveAcapulco, Buenos Aires, Nuevo Vallarta, Puerto Penasco, Riviera Maya
of its eight operating properties in eight cities. Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and San Jose del Cabo are properties where there is no building activity at present.
- Grupo Vidanta operates other entities as well, including:
- A history of Grupo Mayan appears on the Internet on a Grupo Mayan Resorts Blog page.
- A similar history was printed on a Mayan Resorts Info Page calling itself Your Complete Source of Info for Grupo Mayan Resorts, Grupo Mayan Timeshare, Grupo Mayan Los Cabos and Grupo Mayan Acapulco. This page billed itself as Grupo Mayan Mayan Resorts Info...for prospective owners. The link is not active any longer.
There are many other references to the Grupo Mayan, now Grupo Vidanta organization.
Please feel free to let us all know what you find by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will insert your article as soon as we receive it.
Following is a chronological listing of recent findings:
October 3, 2013 - http://www.thevidavibe.com/memories/-/blog/blog?entryId=306113
October 2, 2013 - Warning Against Unsolicited Communication
June 21, 2012 - Vida Vibe - a Grand Luxxe News Letter
April 11, 2011 - Daniel Chavez Moran Website
April 11, 2011 - Daniel Chavez Moran Blog
March 27, 2011 - Earth Check Award Announcement
December 1, 2010 - Grupo Vidanta Forms Vida Vacation Club
May 12, 2010 - New Grand Luxxe Address
May 18, 2009 - Fundacion Grupo Vidanta - History and background
May 18, 2009 - Fundacion Delia Moran - History and background
Contracts that grant us the right to use time in the Grand Luxxe Residence Club facilities are likely still owned by the same company that issued us our original contract. We think the difference is the organization is now doing business under a name other than Grupo Mayan. At least that is what it looks like on the surface.
At this point, we are not troubled by this change. The Vedanta Capital partners appear to be experienced and well positioned to provide owners of the Grupo Mayan with leverage to continue growing without relying solely on the efforts of the owner, Mr. Chavez.
To the contrary, if the financing is in place and all the plans can be fulfilled to meet our high expectations, the Albatross Golf Course could be spectacular and the feel of a Mexican town in the midst of multilevel residential towers, lakes, huge swimming pools, the concentrated shopping establishments and regular entertainment venues could be real draws.
Selfishly, of course, we would like to see small crowds rather than large ones, while at the same time have demand for our timeshares go through the roof. A bit of an oxymoron, right? So, stay tuned! Lots more to come it seems.