News From Nuevo Vallarta - "The Park" and Hakkasan
Janaury 14, 2017
"The Park"Just what is "Emersive Experience"? We did not know much about this form of theater until we read articles that were linked in Maxim's piece writted by Scott Tharler. Following is an exerpt from Maxim, in case you missed the article:
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL IS ABOUT TO OPEN THE WORLD'S MOST INCREDIBLE THEME PARK - This is way weirder than Disney World. Author: SCOTT THARLER OCT 14, 2016
Theme Park University—which originally broke the news about "The Park," as it's being called right now—had revealed some artwork back in December 2015 and again this past July, before bringing us the images you see here just this week.
Theme Park University has a wealth of information about various theme parks currently under construction throughout the world. The links that appear below provide access to articles written about the Emersive Experience" in theater. The site also published the most complete set of art work that shows architect's renderings of what is planned. Tap the links below and enjoy the photos:
- July 19, 2016: Vidanta Reveals New Artwork for Cirque du Soleil Park By JOSH YOUNG| Published: JULY 19, 2016 (Please tap the photos to expand, then tap the return arrow of your browser to return...)
- December 2, 2015: Cirque du Soleil Water Park Artwork Revealed By JOSH YOUNG
- November 12, 2014: Mexico Will Be Home To World’s First Cirque Du Soleil Theme Park In 2018 By JOSH YOUNG
- July 15, 2014: Play/Date Combines Immersive Theater And Social Media By JOSH YOUNG
- July 22, 2013: Then She Fell Gives Alice In Wonderland An Adult Twist By JOSH YOUNG
- July 9, 2013: An Introduction Into The World of Sleep No More By JOSH YOUNG
The Hakkasan GroupIn a Luxury Living Magazine article, we learned where the relationship between Grupo Vidanta and the Hakkasan Group began. There will be more to come with this relationship. It appears the first of a series of investments will be made in San Jose del Cabo. Here is a lead in to the article:
$150M Investment in Mexico’s Luxury Resort & Entertainment IndustryGroup Vidanta, Mexico’s leading resort operator and tourism developer, has signed a partnership with Hakkasan Group, a leading global hospitality company, with plans to invest $150 million into luxury entertainment at Vidanta Resorts in Mexico. A direct result of a recent visit to the Middle East, Daniel Chávez Morán, founder of Grupo Vidanta, and Hakkasan Group began discussing the potential to collaborate. Their efforts will bring the concepts of Hakkasan Group’s luxury lifestyle entertainment to Vidanta’s Luxury Resorts in Mexico....