The New Access Road Opened December 15, 2015
January 7, 2016Take a ride with us as we drive along the new access road that enters the Nuevo Vallarta property. Very stunning!
But, can you believe it? The new access road is creating lots of chatter at the pools! Here are some of the comments we heard:
- "Claims of being a prisoner!"
- "Taking away the right to walk off the property at Vidanta's Nuevo Vallarta campus is outrageous."
- "Inconvenient. Takes too long to get on and off the property."
- "Taxi fares have risen because of the change when the actual distance to the highway has not changed."
- "Major people traffic jams at 7PM to 8PM when leaving the property for off campus dining."
But I digress. You be the judge. Here are videos of the drive (Don't forget to view the ride in Full Screen.):
From the Main Gate to the Spatium (in yellow below)
From the Spatium to the Taxi Loading Area (in red below)
So, exactly where does the new road go and what is missed from the old road?
The net result is:
- A better road access than before.
- A road access that takes about the same amount of time to get to the bridge going south as before.
- A 50 peso increase in fares, which is about $3.00 US each way, which is an unfortunate increase.
- The time to get downtown is about the same, but the time to get to Eddi's, Guido's, Paradise Village, Fajita Republic, and the other establishments in Nuevo Vallarta is 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Walking on and off the proerty is still an option. But you have to work at it.
It is easy to come away from this read feeling that Vidanta is squeezing the very people who have supported its growth during the past 8 years. But, what can we say. The property is beautiful, the units are spacious, the staff is accommodating and Vidanta has lived up to its end of the bargain by building a place we love to visit.