Grand Luxxe Punta, Gossip, Across the River, Noise
November 4, 2011KMACKERMANN is in Nuevo Vallarta and has sent us all an update from Grupo Vidanta's vacation resort property at Nuevo Vallata. Following are her comments and her photos:
There will probably be several posts to cover everything.
First, the disclaimer: we all know how things can change,and what you hear from different sources can vary. That being said...
Punta: will open soon, parts maybe tomorrow, pools filled, trees in, no road in yet (unless hidden-very possible), crews working til 3AM, amazing sloped entrance (almost overnight), new road right along the river - seems to be anyway. Hopefully will be able to sneak a look at at least something across the river.
- five days ago all sales staff met with head honchos for THE FUTURE!!. Our guy said they all had "goose bumps. "UNBELIEVABLE" was the adjective used over and over.
- Goal is to be #1 resort in the world-more sought after than Atlantis, Disney, Dubai...
- Hired marketing group away from Atlantis. 3 golf courses in the future-Greg Norman for sure, Weiscooff (sp?), Tiger rumored.
- They own from the river to airport, ocean to highway, and some beyond.
- Cirque de Soleil is signed.
- Casino probably across highway.
- Bridges across the river.
- River widened to avoid flooding and storm surge (good Eco-wise?).
- Island maybe Eco-tour but kept as preserve.
- No mention of other housing.
- Never-before imagined water park geared more to adults.
- Gossip - train station soon - fountains-lovely, etc.
- New exit for Vida paid for by Vida.
- Still the same thoughts about the train.
- Regarding the new Luxxe buildings -
- The road is worked on about 21 hours a day and is virtually up to the level of the fourth floor - will go into the next building(s) also.
- Rebar the next couple days, then cemented with some landscaping done.
- Eventually no vehicles other than electric carts.
Noise-YES. We are GL 2, 9th floor, city side, bldg 1 end. Lower must be horrible because it can be bad here. However, we ignore it and just watch the progress. I will close our villa bedroom door tonight however, as the noise from trucks and work at Punta did wake me up a lot..
Will take photos and post when I get home and have my cable. Very interesting!!!
Did not proofread either post; not good for ex-English teacher!
Great update! You must have been a terrific teacher! Thanks from all of us!