Our Interview with Management
November 14, 2012When we arrived last week, as you know from our pictures, the Punta Pool area and area around Grand Luxxe Towers II and III were under construction with trucks and tractors everywhere. This was a surprise to many vacationers.
We asked for an interview with management to gain insight to the reasoning behind the changes. Here is what we learned:
- The Punta pool area changed to accommodate the new navigable waterway that extends from the Punta pool area to the Spa tower pools.
- The navigable waterway was built:
- To protect the crocodiles and make sure they stay in their home, the river.
- To create a fun way to move between the Punta Pool area and the SPA Towers pool area.
- To increase the beauty of the property.
- Heating the Punta Pools became an insurmountable technical challenge.
- The only practical way to heat the pools was to reduce the size of the serviceable area.
- That is why at 3:30 PM we saw the large Punta pool closest to the ocean being filled in with dump loads of dirt!!!!
- Once the pools are reconfigured, the water in the remaining pools can be heated during the upcoming season.
- The smaller pools with swim up bars remain in tact.
- The Si Cafe's new kitchen is now located underground near its previous site.
- There will be 7 jacuzzis instead of the 4 we used to have.
- The jacuzzis will be located on top of the Si Cafe structure.
- There will be a new "fun" beach area on the sand below the navigable river, including volley ball and seating.
- The Grand Luxxe pool area has expanded and now includes the adult Mayan Palace pool. This area will be exclusively for Grand Luxxe use. Also, umbrellas will be added to the lovely lawn area just south of the Adult Pool.
- The ultimate goal is to complete all work from the Grand Bliss pools, which are beautiful by the way, south to the Punta pools and around to Grand Luxxe building III B by December 15, 2012.
- Also, included in this time line is the opening of the Sanctuario (train station).
- It will not be used for trains yet but it will be the central arrival spot before being taken to your building.
- In the evening there will be live music, entertainment, dancing and cocktails. It truly is a spectacular building.
- The South Tower of the Mayan Palace will not be completed until next year.
- It is a mere shell of its original self.
- However it will be a fabulous building when completed and will include restaurant areas, high end shopping, meeting rooms and a ballroom on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the ocean.
- The new facade will be a showplace. We hope to have a drawing in the near future.
All projects that are underway and located between the Punta pool area and Grand Luxxe Tower III A, excluding the Mayan Palace that is currently under construction, will be completed by December 15, 2012 or before.
We are so sad to be leaving as we will not be able to enjoy seeing the finished product. Those of you who have reservations for arrival during and after December 2012 are in for a real treat as the property continues to evolve to become an incredible, unique and enjoyable system of resorts.