Aimfair Member Updates - Nuevo Vallarta and Riviera Maya
March 12, 2012What are members of the Grand Luxxe Residence Club talking about at the pool, in restaurants, in sales presentations and through the electronic airwaves? Generally speaking, the following topics seem to be catching attention:
- Punta Owners Expectations vs. Their Experiences To Date CLICK HERE TO OPEN OR CLOSE
Punta Pool Use and Other Punta Issues
Expectation: Current Status:
- Areas of the Punta Pools should be designated for Presidential Villa owners only.
- There is enforcement but it seems to be with erratic regularity. It is possible if the area is not crowded, enforcement may be lax.
- Upgraded furnishings in Presidential Villa units
- Crews are installing new furniture and equipment. However, it is likely there will be further adjustments after the furnishings are installed.
For example, the company has installed new armoires/dressers/hutches for clothing storage. Some guests have warned there are pungent odors that are absorbed by clothing placed inside, so they did not use them. We think this may be a short term issue as the wood becomes acclimatized with the surroundings.
Requested changes to living area furniture is underway. Although the seating arrangements in the living areas are nicely laid out for socializing, the overall impression is less stirring than one would expect from such spacious and open accommodations. Maintenance crews are installing upgrades to the furnishings. We understand crews are installing 52" TVs in the living rooms.
Decorating is such an individual preference. Some express the desire for more color and warmth while others are more concerned with convenient closet and dresser storage. There is progress, but the end result may take more time than expected.
- Construct more Presidential Villas
- The developer seems to be "between the proverbial rock and a hard place". In November, 2011, construction activity was high, which resulted in many complaints. Today, construction activity is low, which postpones openings of anticipated new accommodations.
Early adopters directly sponsor newer, larger accommodations by committing to pay for new contracts. The last thing they want to see is postponed construction of accommodations they have committed to purchase. However, each project takes time to complete. The Punta, for example, took about two years to complete.
- Heated Punta Pools
- Although members have been told that there is an advanced Punta Pool heating system, which is said to combine solar with gas heating, there is no evidence of maintenance crews having activated the system. Punta pool water remains cool to cold.
- Early adopters expect preserved value.
- Early adopters have expressed concern that features of their memberships are diluted and commoditized and feel the value they gained by purchasing early is being reduced relative to members who purchase later in the sales cycle. They hear that later stage buyers of completed projects get similar benefits included in their purchase, without assuming risk.
We feel this is a difficult issue to reconcile because our understanding is all contract terms and costs are different and confidential. Talk around the pool leads to comparisons of contract benefits and costs. Again, it is human nature to confirm relative value for prices paid.
- Grand Luxxe Residence Club Construction Plans - Nuevo Vallarta CLICK HERE TO OPEN OR CLOSE
Construction Plans - Nuevo Vallarta
Expectations: Current Status:
- Grand Luxxe Tower III B - Completed by mid-2012
- Tower III B is the second building starting from right to left in the above photo. The furthest on the right is Tower III A, and it was opened in November, 2011. It does not appear Tower III B will be completed before November, 2012.
- Grand Luxxe Tower IV A and B - Completed by November, 2013
- We hear that construction of Grand Luxxe Tower IV A and B is on hold for the time being. These buildings are furthest to the left in the above photo. We hear the reasons for the delays could be related to structural issues (settling) or configuration issues (fewer or more Presidential units, Luxxe Master Villa and Luxxe Suite units with no lock offs, etc.).
Developers have to plan for demand. There could be many discussions about what can and cannot sell in this market. These discussions could delay completion and opening of both buildings of Tower IV.
- Grand Luxxe Tower V - Construction to begin in 2012
- Grand Luxxe Tower V may be just a pad at this stage, but not much more. This building may offer only larger sized three and four bedroom units (4,200 SF to 6,000 SF) and be very exclusive. We understand the only way to purchase contracts for these units is by invitation.
Construction plans for this building are uncertain at this time. It is not clear whether Grand Luxxe Tower V will be treated as an independent building like the Punta with its own construction schedule or if it will follow the completions of Grand Luxxe Towers III B and IV A and B. Only time will tell at this stage.
- Pools for Grand Luxxe Towers III, IV and V
- Obviously, construction of pools that will service the four buildings that make up Grand Luxxe Towers III and IV will be delayed as well.
After watching the construction of Grand Luxxe Towers I through III and the Punta, it is clear completing the pools will be done a few months before the buildings are ready for occupancy. Therefore, we will all watch the construction progress of Grand Luxxe Tower III B and Grand Luxxe Tower IV A and B. As soon as workers begin installing windows and sliding glass doors, we can expect to see work start on the pools.
As far as Grand Luxxe Tower V is concerned, we hear that this building will have its own pools, and these will be very exclusive.
- Grand Luxxe Residence Club Construction Plans - Riviera Maya CLICK HERE TO OPEN OR CLOSE
Construction Plans - Riviera Maya
We have not heard any updates from the other properties. We know that Acapulco opened a new and beautiful Mayan Palace. Pittle's review is very complementary. She also shared her photos. Thank you again for your contributions, Pittle.
One member suggested that we do not forget Mazatlan. However, we do not have any recent information from anyone. Don's is the latest.
San Jose del Cabo will develop East Cape. But not right now.
We will post other updates as we get them.